Wednesday, July 30, 2008

vacation week - part two

The last few days of our vacation were just as busy as the beginning of the week.

Thursday: I gave Ray a day off and took Bodhi to Orange County to visit with my family. We went to Concerts in the Park which is just a few blocks from my parents house. The Kid and Nic Show were playing. We have seen them play before. They are a lot of fun to watch. We all got our beach chairs and walked from my parents house. It was kind of neat because all my brothers and sisters came. I really love that we are all so close and enjoy spending time together.


Friday: We relaxed most of the day. We walked to 3rd street to do a little shopping. Of course while we were there we had to stop and get gelato! My favorite flavors are Stracciatella and Toasted Almond. YUM! We went to a friends birthday party in the evening. Bodhi was pretty well behaved. He fell asleep early which was nice. Then Ray and I got to enjoy chatting with everyone.


Saturday: More relaxing today. In the evening we visited with our friends Kristi and Al and their new baby. She is soooo cute and small. It was such a nice visit. I can't wait until she's old enough for playdates.


Sunday: We ended our week with a visit to meet up with Ray's parents at Ventura Harbor. We decided to take the longer, prettier route driving along PCH. It was such a lovely day. The weather was perfect. The harbor reminded me a lot of Marina del Rey, but with more people walking around. We had lunch and ice cream and then looked in some of the shops. We all had a lot of fun in the hat shop trying on all the funny hats. Bodhi really likes his grandparents and was hoping for a ride on their motorcycle. hmmm maybe in a few years.


No comments: