Sunday, April 3, 2011

curious george party

We celebrated Bodhi's 3rd birthday on Saturday. It turned out so great. Sherry and Miles were nice enough to let us have the party at their house again this year. I thought about having it at a park, but then I'm always worried about the weather. There was actually a good chance of rain predicted for the day of the party but thankfully it stayed away and the kids were able to enjoy playing on the swing set outside and we cooked up some hot dogs on the grill. We set up tables inside though since it was a bit on the chilly side. We tried to keep things easy this year, esp. since I am getting so big and I've been really tired. I had made a few suggestions to Bodhi as to what party theme we should have and Bodhi liked Curious George the best.

We didn't have a lot of activities, since we didn't have too many kids and I expected them to spend most of the time playing in the backyard. I did set up a coloring wall with drawing paper and paint pens and markers for the kids to draw and I precut string and put out fruit loops for the kids to make necklaces.



Here are a couple more detail pics from the party.

favor bags were filled with a curious george book, tattoos, bubbles, and some fruit chews.

We tied balloons to banana bunches for the table decorations and added some paper confetti.



Balloon, banana, and yellow hat shaped sugar cookies which Bodhi helped make.
We printed out stickers for the paper cups, napkin rings, and straw tags

For dessert, I bought mini cupcakes from a bakery and had an ice cream bar with three kinds of ice cream and lots of yummy toppings. Ray made homemade fudge sauce and caramel sauce.

Bodhi finally got to blow out three candles on his cupcake and I think in his mind has finally turned three and will hold up three fingers to show how old he is now. happy birthday my sweet boy!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those cookies are so adorable, especially the hat & banana ones. haha. Congrats on baby Kira! Gary & I are so happy for you and the family. I'm amazed that you're already back blogging!

Stacey Ho said...

Adorable! Happy Birthday Bodhi!