Friday, July 2, 2010

life is simply...




a bowl full of cherries! or a bucket full in this case. We went absolutely cherry crazy this year. My parents wanted to go cherry picking and invited us to join them. We met them at this cherry farm in leona valley. We all had a lot of fun picking the cherries and Bodhi liked picking them too! Ray and I could not stop. Each tree had better cherries than the tree before and we couldn't help but pick just a few more. Before we knew it we had picked six pounds of cherries. We thought we'd have plenty to eat and enough to bake a cherry pie. Ray really loves cherry pie and I don't ever buy cherry pie, so he was planning to make one. Well it didn't happen cause we ended up eating all the cherries in about two weeks. So Sherry and I decided to go again, just us and the kids. This time we picked rainer and bings. Mind you I was picking mostly by myself since Bodhi and the the other kids decided it was more fun to run around the orchard than pick cherries this time, and I ended up bringing home almost 8 pounds of cherries! whoa, i really went crazy. But we did end up making that cherry pie.

I made the crust and ray made the filling. I've decided that picking your own fruit is so much fun that I can't wait to plan a trip to an apple orchard this fall for some apple picking.

No comments: