Sunday, April 5, 2009

family time

Since Ray and I have very different work schedules so that we can both take care of Bodhi, our only day together as a family is Sundays. We usually run some kind of errand, like going to Costco or a few chores around the house and then we go out for a long walk which usually takes us to the bluffs overlooking the pacific ocean. We have had some really beautiful days lately and it makes me feel so lucky to live so close to the beach. I cherish these times with my little family. Some days I think maybe Ray should take Bodhi out for a walk by himself so that I can get some cleaning done. But then I think that it doesn't really matter that our apartment is a little messy, it is more important and more fun to spend time with the people you love most. So of course out we go to enjoy the day.

"Off he goes"

"Beware the shrieking eels"

"A friendly game of Yahtzee"

2 comments:

Stacey Ho said...

you are amazing parents... I think this was beautifully said.

Stephanie said...

I hate how our economy pretty much makes it impossible for a family to survive on a single income. Glad you guys can still find time to remember what is important in life.